Thrift-it Thursday: Heart-Shaped Sunglasses

Perhaps I just have a hard-core shopping addiction, but the thrill of the find always gets my motor running. Over the years I've become a bit of a pro when it comes to thrifting. Once a month (on Thursdays) I'll show you one of my prized treasures from the most recent haul. I'll also help you steal my style with some similar looks!

I had the pleasure of attending a clothing swap in May at Black Squirrel Books & Café, and boy did I get an armful of goodies.  I managed to leave the swap unscathed, which is amazing because there were literally articles of clothing being tossed about in a small space. It was utter madness, but I loved every minute of it!


This month’s Thrift-it Thursday find happens to be from this swap, and I honestly cannot believe I scored these babies. Whoever gave these up, how could you part ways with these?! One person's trash is my new obsession. These tortoise-shell heart-shaped sunglasses are to die for!

(Insert heart-eyes emoji here)
I specifically love that they are tortoise-shell, which I have not come across before in the heart-shaped variety. I’ve only really seen the Lolita-esque, candy-apple red shades in my travels. So not only are they adorable as hell, they’re different! In case it wasn’t abundantly clear by looking at my recent dye-job, I do like to stand out a bit with my style.

I wish I knew the brand name so I could see how much these would have sold for, but alas, we’ll never know.

My favourite way to rock these lovelies is to pair it up with an iconic pinup look.

This dress is one that I’ve coveted for about 7 years now (Holy shit, I’ve owned it that long?!). I picked it up from H&M back when it initially opened in my hometown, so unfortunately you won’t be able to find this exact dress now. Fine sailor stripes and gingham prints are summer staples, so it'll be easy for you to steal this style.


I modernized the silhouette by adding these Aldo sandals. They not only give the outfit some more texture, but I love adding futuristic metallics to an otherwise retro outfit. I also have grown to loathe anything that isn't a chunky heel, so these keep me from walking like an injured gazelle.
Can we also talk about how pin curls have changed my life recently?

Of course I paired it with a red lip, because … Do I really need an explanation for this?
I opted for a matte finish with the 
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in ‘Cruella’, a very true-red shade with a slight blue undertone. 


Want to get this look? I've put together some low-high end pieces below. Thanks to Temptalia, I’ve also included some lipstick dupes from Colourpop Cosmetics Ultra Matte Lipstick in ‘Creeper’ & Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in ‘Bad Blood’.

Thrift-It Thursday: Heart-Shaped Sunglasses. Steal my style


I'd love to hear your thoughts! Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.