My First Time In Montreal


Until recently, I had never made the trip to Montreal. Many have found this especially shocking considering how close in proximity we are, living in Ottawa, to the Quebec border. Despite living here for about a year and a half, my excuse was simply “I just haven’t made the trip!”
But I found myself questioning that reasoning. I have my weekends free, it’s only a 2 hour train ride away, there’s always something going on that interests me.
Enough was enough, it was time to pack the bags and take a mini-vacation!

My first visit there was short (Just a one night stay), but I found myself there again within 2 weeks for another day trip! I’m even trying to plan out another trip in August. Needless to say, I've fallen in love hard & fast with Montreal.

I found myself quite enamored with the street art that sprawled the city walls, and brought home plenty of colour inspiration to play with. I’m also a sucker for beautiful architecture, and Montreal is certainly well known for this. I have a mad obsession with spiral staircases, so you could safely assume I was pretty smitten. Both times I made the journey over, I did a lot of walking and sightseeing through the downtown area. I'm hoping to see more of Old Montreal next time.
And of course I stopped for poutine, because DUH (And yes, it was every bit as delicious as I had hoped).


You know the old adage that a picture speaks a thousand words, so I’ll let my snaps do the rest of the talking.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Have you visited Montreal? What were your favourite things to see & do? What would you recommend we check out next time? I'd love to carry on the conversation with my readers in the comments below! I really value your thoughts and would like to get to know you all better! (Don't be shy, I don't bite!)

2 comments:

  1. Omg Torri Love it! I'm gonna start a blog soon when I moved to Belgium to Sjak! I'm gonna read a little more on your blog! Kisses from The Netherlands from Yvon ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvon! Can't wait to see your blog! <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.