Torn-Up Textures: Ottawa Bluesfest & Billy Idol Outfit Inspiration

The minute I saw that Billy Idol was one of the headliners for Ottawa Bluesfest this year, I let out a little 'Rebel Yell' of my own. Here's what I'll be rockin' to the big show.
Silk scarf- Vintage, Tank top- Forever 21, Shorts - American Eagle, -Shoes & Bag - Marshall's,  In the pocket: Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
I debated the styling of this outfit since I purchased my tickets. Of course I could have kept to the traditional Idol-garb and reached for my studded leather vest, but the forecast has been 30+ degrees the majority of this week. I'd rather keep things cool where possible.
I've also learned the hard way that back sweat is the equivalent to jet fuel for pimples. So on that note, hooray for natural fibres and salicylic acid!


I love this look not just for Billy Idol, but for any rock concert because it's just plain bad-ass! Ferocious rock n' roll needs an equally fierce outfit. I love all of the textures at play here; frays, rips, tears, velvet and studs.


I chose to soften the look just a bit by throwing on this vintage silk scarf from American Apparel. I've been loving this trend because it caters to my obsession with all things retro. It also makes a great hair wrap if you need to hide a sweaty ponytail later on.


When I go to a concert, comfort is key. This is especially true when it comes to footwear. I reached for these sandals I picked up a few years ago from Marshall's (Might I add that I scored these for THREE DOLLARS because they were marked down a great number times).


They're great because, A) they feel like foam, B) they're breathable (no stanky festival feet!), and C) my feet stay strapped in, so I don't risk losing them in the crowd. They even have a little platform, which can never hurt if you're stuck behind a tall person.


I opted to go for a fairly minimal makeup look, aside from the bold lip. Of course, I reached for one of the darkest shades of lipsticks I own, despite the fact that we're in the middle of summer. Because rock music is rooted in not giving single fuck, and breaking all the rules, a deep merlot pout just feels right.

Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Exorcism' is perfect because it's richly pigmented, and it will last the entire show (and any after-parties that might ensue). To lock everything down, I douse myself in Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.



Will you be going to Bluesfest this year? Who are you looking forward to seeing? What's your fave festival outfit? I'd love to hear your thoughts, leave me a comment below! Til then, see you at LeBreton Flats!

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.