IMATs Toronto Shopping List

07:12:00
I'm so excited for this weekend, it's all I can think about!!
I bought my tickets to IMATs a few months ago, and I've been counting down the days since!
If you haven't heard of IMATs, it's short for the International Make-up Artistry Trade Show. I've personally never been, but I've seen many a post on instagram about it! It's a great opportunity to interact with artists and industry professionals, see new products and obviously do a little shopping!
I've been scrolling through the list of beauty brands that will be in attendance, and I've made myself a little list. A girl's gotta be prepared!


Some of these brands I've purchased from before, and loved. While others I've been eyeing for a while and want to test things in person before I cough up the cash.
I'm sure there will be a ton of promos and discounts too, so it's pretty much a makeup addicts dream. I might be crying at my bank statements by Monday, though...


Dose of Colors

*Edit: Just got an update that they will no longer be at IMATs. 

EyesCream Palette
$50 USD
It should be abundantly clear, at first glance, why this is on my list. Look how adorable it is!!
I rarely buy singles of eye-shadows, as I tend to be clueless when it comes to picking out colour combinations. I'd much prefer to buy a set and leave out the guesswork.
That said, I've been buying predominantly neutral palettes lately, and leaving the fun colours to my lipsticks.
These shades all look playful, yet wearable. I can already see myself dabbing into Blueberry Swirl on a regular basis!
Lime Crime

Superfoils Eyeshadow Duos - $18 USD


These duos have been flooding my Instagram feed for about a month now, and I swoon every time I see them. If the name wasn't clear, these are duo-chrome eyeshadows that can be worn dry, or wet to create a foiled metallic effect. The pigmentation appears to be intense, especially so when wet. I'm a skeptic to swatches sometimes, so I really want to see these in person before I commit.
If they live up to their claims, I hope to pick up 'Electric/Barbarella', 'Crystal/Halo' and 'Miami/Gator'.
I'm a self-professed highlighter addict, and I feel like the some of these shades will look killer on the cheekbones!

Metallic Velvetines Trio - $44 USD for the trio, or $20 USD each

I've been on the fence about the metallic lipstick trend since it emerged. None of the shades were really speaking to me, until I saw these bad boys.
I'm a fan of Lime Crime's Velvetine formula for quite some time now. They were the first liquid-to-matte lipsticks I tried! I'm curious to know if the metallics will live up to the hype.
These normally retail for $20 USD each, but the bundle online is $44 USD! I'm lusting after these 3 shades below.
A photo posted by Lime Crime (@limecrimemakeup) on

NYX

Full Throttle Shadow Stick $10 CAD


 I watched Jkissa talk about these in her '10 must have drugstore makeup products' video a while back and I was so amazed at the colour payoff. I swatched 'Double Trouble' in store a few weeks ago and embarrassed myself with how loud I gasped. It's a gorgeous emerald green, which I think paired with a brown smokey eye would look so sultry.

The pigmentation in these are outrageous and I want every shade. They're also very creamy and super blendable, so I could see myself injecting a little pop of colour into my eye looks more regularly.

Lip Lingerie $9 CAD

Yet another liquid lipstick! A friend of mine picked up 'Embellishment' from this line, which is a mauve shade with a grey undertone. It looks so fantastic on her, I now want it for myself! I'm sold on the name alone, so coquette-ish!

Lid Lingerie Eye Tint $9 CAD

I'm not usually a fan of cream shadows, but I'm willing to try these based on price point alone. The Lip Lingerie line, as mentioned above, has become quite popular so I expect these eye tints will become a cult fave as well. I feel 'Night Glow' will fit in nicely with my existing collection of nude shadows.


Velour Lashes

I'm clueless when it comes to lashes. I only ever wore them back in my modeling days, and even then someone else applied them for me. Left to my own devices, they end up as a second set of eyebrows on my face.
I'm hoping to get over this struggle of mine so I can wear these beautiful lashes. I'll need to do a little bit more research before I go to know exactly what I'm looking for, but these mink lashes are just so pretty!


Kat Von D Beauty

Metal Matte Palette - $60 USD


This palette is just so gorgeous, and $60 for 22 shades is amazing. I'm dreaming of all the colour combinations already! I've been wanting to try the 'Metal Crush' shadows since they came out, so I love that you get 9 shades with this palette. Those blue shimmer shades are giving me major mermaid feels!!

LA Splash Cosmetics

Lip Couture Waterproof Liquid Lipstick - $18.99 CAD

Source
Any chance I have to add to my liquid lipstick collection, I'm going for it. I've heard mention of this brand for a while now so I think it's about time I give 'em a shot.
'Untamed' & 'Latte Confession' both look like gorgeous shades I'd wear all autumn.


Morphe

Brushes

I'll be completely blunt and say that I just need a whole new set of brushes. Mine are a few years old and just not cutting it for me anymore. Partner, lemme upgrade you.

Morphe brushes have been on my list for over a year now. I've heard nothing but amazing things about their quality and price point. The fact that I can get a whole set and avoid any shipping fees while I'm at the convention is one of my main reasons why I'm going this weekend.

I have a few brushes in mind that I want to get, but the M510 is at the top of my list. It's Jeffree Star's highlighter brush of choice, so obviously it's a must-have for me. I was hoping he'd have his pink vegan brush collab with Morphe out by now, but alas I'm still (very anxiously) awaiting their release.



350 Eyeshadow Palettes $43.99 USD for set of 2, or $22.99 USD each

Nearly every beauty Youtuber I follow has these palettes in their stash. They are just so versatile! I can't decide which one I love more; the Shimmer or the Matte. The reviews all say they blend like butter and wear beautifully. If these are the only palettes I pick up this weekend, I'll still be happy!



Have you tried any of these products? Are any of these on your wish list? Are there any products you think I should add to my list while I'm at IMATs?

Most importantly, will you be at IMATS Toronto?!?! If you are, please say hi! I'd love to meet you and know who my readers are!


2 comments:

  1. Oooh so much make-up magic, I'm totally entranced by your wondrous wish-list lovely one! I hope you had the happiest time at IMATs, you deserve it. Fingers crossed you managed to get all of the color popping goodness, it sounds like such a fab event! I'm about to go on a mini make-up spree online, I'm so behind it's crazy when it comes to buying new make-up and I finally wanna change it ;) :D

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I can't wait to see what you pickup on your beauty run!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.