4 Trendy Halloween Costumes Guaranteed to Stand Out

Halloween is easily my favourite holiday for a few reasons. It gives me an excuse to experiment with makeup, I can splurge on mini candy bars, and I can literally play dress up. What's not to love?!
I'm always so inspired by other people's costumes, but am reminded that I am neither a makeup artist nor a seamstress.
While I understand that it's easy to go to a costume shop and pick up something packaged (Hell, I've done it, and will likely continue to do so). It's also ridiculously easy to build your costume with pieces you own, or bought at a clothing shop or thrift store.

I've taken the guess work out of planning your Halloween look, so you don't have to worry about being yet another Harley Quinn or Eleven from 'Stranger Things'. These costumes are not only easy to put together, they all include pieces that are on trend for the season. You'll definitely get more than a night's wear out of them, plus people will be asking all night “Where did you get that?!”

Veronica Sawyer from 'Heathers'


The Mean Girls clique costumes are starting to get a little stale year after year. Why not de-throne the queen bee by dressing as the original Mean Girl, Veronica Sawyer?
If you haven't seen 'Heathers', definitely make it a priority. It's a quintessential cult classic, full of dark catty comedy.

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Veronica Sawyer from Heathers

I've been loving the subtle sexiness of an off-the-shoulder top, especially when paired with a pinafore dress like we see Veronica do in the film. Add some extra 'oomph to your 'do with some volumizing mousse, and you're set! And don't forget the teen angst.

Lick it up, baby.

Pink Lady from 'Grease'

Why be another Sandy & Danny when you could be a member of the original girl gang?


The silk bomber jacket is literally in every store these days, so it'll be easy to score a baby pink one like the one seen above. Alternatively, a pink leather jacket will also work, like this one from Forever 21.

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Pink Ladies

This costume is easy to alter to fit each character, but I kept things simple with classic 50s accessories. So who would you rather be; Rizzo, Frenchy, Marty or Jan?

Daria Morgendorffer


I couldn't not include one of my favourite 90s characters in this list, especially with all the grunge influences in the fashion world lately. You can really make this look your own with either an olive green button-up, moto jacket or even a blazer. Whatever.
Any excuse to pull out the combat boots and be sarcastic all night is good enough for me.
Bonus points if you have a friend to be Jane Lane. Even more if you ditch the party and just grab pizza instead.


Jeffree Star

I had to save the best for last. If you decide on this one, we need to be best friends (if we aren't already).


Halloween seems like a fitting enough occasion to get full-on, unapologetically glam. So it just seems appropriate to be the most in-your-face-glam person out there; Jeffree Star!

Halloween Costume Inspiration: Jeffree

This is another easily customizable look. I chose the bomber jacket again because of it's trendiness, and if one thing's for sure, Jeffree is always on point.
The only rules I think are mandatory for this costume are 1)pack on the highlighter to blinding levels, and 2) bathe yourself in setting spray. You might need two bottles for this.



I'm so excited to see what looks you'll all come up with! What are you dressing up as this year? Tell me in a comment below! Til then, happy trick or treating!


6 comments:

  1. It's a good idea,i think i would use the Veronica Sawyer costume❤❤
    Nice post.
    Xoxo 💋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, I'm glad I inspired you! Happy Halloween, lovely!

      Delete
  2. I'm doing a couples costume with my dog, and we're going to be a Pokémon Trainer and Growlithe.

    If everything gets here in the mail on time...

    (I am not a grown up.)

    But hey, maybe if we go out to the club I'll be a very glittery Pokémon Trainer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am DEFINITELY gonna need to see pictures of these costumes!!!

      Delete
  3. Go as JEFFREE STAR for Halloween? You're officially my Hallow-queen Tori! Love, love, love this idea! Crushing so hard on his pink powerful hair as ever, and that jazzy, glitzy bomber jacket is seriously giving me all the feels! Saying that, I'm really loving all of your Halloween costumes, total killers that are all the stunning and stand-out for sure! Definitely with you on being a Pink lady and I've never checked out Heathers, so I'll deffo make that a priority, it sounds awesome :) Hope you had the loveliest Halloween beauty <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely!
      I could totally see you wearing the Jeffree look on any given day!
      Definitely watch Heathers! It's darker comedy for sure, but it's totally quotable cult classic.
      Hope you had a fabulous Halloween!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.