Beauty Bag Besties: December Delights

December is always a hectic time of year for me. The snow starts sticking around, shopping turns from retail therapy to hell on earth, and I spend a good chunk of my time traveling. But there's always great beauty deals to shop for this time of year, which scored me some of this month's faves!

 I can honestly say these items were in constant rotation this past month; They came with me when I went to Waterloo & Windsor for the holidays (Which spanned the last 2 weeks of December), and I'm still using them well into January.




Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in 'Bawse'



A co-worker of mine gave this to me for Christmas, and I may have squealed with joy when I unwrapped it. After seeing it on almost everyone's Instagram accounts, I'm proud to say 'Me too!'

While I'm loyal to my Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in 'Redrum' when it comes to bright red matte lipstick, it can veer on the side of nearly neon. 'Bawse' feels a bit more subdued and wearable from day to day, while still being bold AF.

Top to Bottom: Bawse, Redrum

I'm particularly obsessed with the wand. The pointed end does a fantastic job of getting in those tricky spots like the inner corners and the cupids bow. It really helps to ensure a precise application. The formula is surprisingly hydrating, unlike other super-drying matte finishes on the market. My lips don't feel awful after removing it which is a nice surprise!


GlamGlow GlowStarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer



This was my little splurge of the month. I had to have it after I went through 3 sample packets of the stuff. It really feels luxurious when applying it. It's thick but really melts into the skin quickly, so I don't have to wait too long to apply my makeup afterwards. Which is nice because I'm almost always in a rush.
I love how luminous it makes my skin look. It's not too shimmery, just a nice subtle glow that gleams nicely through my foundation. Of course I like to amp it up with highlighting powder, but it just adds that oomph factor to my look.


I'm sure there are drugstore dupes that would give me the same lit from within glow, but the scent alone is intoxicating enough to make me fork over the cash for it. It smells like creamsicles! How can anyone resist that?!?

Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick in 'Varsity'




I've been a long-time fan of the Unicorn Lipstick formula, and I was gutted when they announced a few months ago that they were eliminating the collection (RIP Retrofuturist; my fave cherry red cream lippie).
Needless to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised when they re-launched with 8 new shades! I snatched Varsity during their Black Friday sale, because the idea of a 'muted rose' shade just had to be mine.



This has become my go-to for when I just want a pinch of colour. Definitely one of those 'my lips, but better' shades. It looks so gorgeous with warm tones on the eyes, for that throwback 90s feel that I just can't escape lately. It just helps to bring out those terracotta tones within the lipstick, so it becomes just a little more than a standard rosy nude.

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost Highlighters


Left: Lavender Snow, Right: Peach Goddess
I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I was when these arrived in my mail box. Oh. My. GOD. They are just too gorgeous for words.
I've been aching for these since they came out, and Black Friday was my time to shine (Quite literally, in this case).
Not only are the pan sizes ginormous, they are packed full of pigmentation. A little goes quite a long way, but who are we kidding, I'd cover my whole body in this stuff if I could!

Top to Bottom: Peach Goddess & Lavender Snow

I've been wearing Peach Goddess for an everyday glow, just applied lightly for a slight reflect. But when I want to severely blind people with my highlight, I've been reaching for Lavender Snow on the regular. It gives that perfect wet look shine to my cheekbones that I've been lusting for. I can't get enough, someone is gonna have to take my fan brush away from me.

Benefit Rollerlash Mascara in 'Brown'



I'm madly in love with this mascara. The formula does a fantastic job of lifting and curling every lash, which is great because my lashes tend to grow straight out. It even grabs onto my one pesky lash that likes to grow straight down and into my eye (Jerk), and curls that sucker into place!
Not only that, it really holds the curl all day long, so I don't have to worry about it falling throughout the day.

But the minute I heard they released it in brown, I ran to Sephora!
I've truthfully never owned a brown mascara, but I've really grown to love it and find myself reaching for it more often than black. Mascara is the only thing I'll put on some days, and the brown hue just looks less harsh and obvious. Combined with the curling effects, this really makes me look wide awake with naturally gorgeous lashes!

NYX Primastic Eyeshadow in 'Mermaid'


Basically, NYX had me at 'mermaid', which should come as no surprise. It is the most gorgeous effervescent minty green with brilliant duo-chrome shine. The glitter isn't chunky or gritty, it glides on like butter and blends with ease. You can really build this up for a more opaque colour, or buff it out for a subtle minty glow.


I've really enjoyed playing around with it this month, especially in my inner corners for an unexpected little pop of colour. It's been a nice departure from my standard champage or pearl highlight when it comes to eye makeup. I even popped this into the center of my lid for my new years smoky eye look (Which I stupidly forgot to photograph. Blame it on the alcohol) and it was the star of the show!


What were your favourite beauty products in December? Have you tried any of the products above? What was your best holiday shopping score?
I'd love to hear from you in the comment section! Leave your blog URL if you're a fellow blogger and I'll be sure to check your page out!

Til' next time, stay colourful my dolls!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.