Kiss-Worthy Red Lipsticks For Valentine's Day

Call it a cliché, but nothing beats a classic red lipstick.
It's easily one of my favourite things, because of how universal and beautiful it is.
Some of us may not look good in pinks, corals or nudes, but guaranteed there's a red lipstick of some form out there for all of us.


Since it's Valentine's Day, what better way to show your enthusiasm for love than with a perfectly painted pout?!



Since I'm holding onto the belief that anyone can wear a red lipstick, I've chosen shades I think would look great on anyone. I made sure to include choices I felt would be flattering on most skintones, as well as different formulations and finishes.

Matte- Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Cruella'


When I'm looking for an 'everyday' red, it has to be 'Cruella'. It's that perfect shade that isn't too bright, it's just right. It is a blue-based red, so pinky-pale gals like myself will find this extra-flattering.

The finish is so light and not at all drying, considering it's a matte shade. I find it is quite long lasting as well,I rarely need touch-ups throughout the day.
I love how chubby the pencil is, too! It makes for an easy, yet still precise application.

Crème #1- Retrofuturist Lime Crime


Remember that song 'Cherry Lips' by Garbage? I'm almost 99.9% certain that this lip colour is the embodiment of that 2000s jam.

It is the perfect cherry red, almost leaning towards fuschia. The finish on this has a bit of a sheen to it, as well. I feel this is a very approachable shade for those who haven't quite gotten the nerve yet to try out a crimson kisser, but want to try something in that realm.

Crème #2- Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in 'Gazpacho'


I found it incredibly hard to just choose one crème finish, so I just had to include this one too. Bite has really nailed it with their Amuse Bouche lipstick formula, and I know it's not the first time I've talked about their lipsticks before on here.

This is a tomato red, which you can sense by the name itself. It does have a slight orangey-red tone, so I feel this would look extra gorgeous on those with deeper skin tones.
I truly love how much pigmentation this lends your lips, and the longevity it has. Especially given that it's not truly transfer-proof, I'm always impressed when I wear my Bite lipsticks.


Stain- Stila Pomegranate Crush Cheek & Lip Stain
I really wanted to include this because it's my 'throw on in a hurry' red lipstick.
Admittedly, this is more of a berry hue, but I wanted to include it because of how easy it is to wear.

Again, this is perfect for those who aren't quite ready for a red lip. You can really build up the amount of coverage you want with this, whether that be a slight tint or a full-on wash of colour. Because it's a stain, you'll find it lasts quite a while with minimal touch-ups.

I've personally never used this as a cheek stain, but I'll give it kudos for versatility!

Liquid- Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in 'Redrum'




I had to save the best for last! Not only is this the truest red I own, it is incredibly long lasting. Nothing is worse than spending the time perfecting your lipstick, to have it smear, bleed or fade throughout the day. Once you slick this one on, It. Will. Not. Move!

Because it is such a bright red, it's not for the faint of heart. But red lipstick fanatics should definitely clear space on their vanity for this baby. It's a classic matte red lipstick that packs a punch, and is the perfect shade for anybody!


What is your favourite red lipstick? Do you prefer matte, crème, liquid or a stain? Let me know your preferences in the comments!
Have a happy Valentine's Day, lovelies!

16 comments:

  1. My favorite on you is the Stila lip stain, maybe because it matches your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great with red lips, it always looks just too bright on me. My fave is also the Stila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's totally fair, different strokes for different folks! You might like the Stila one yourself if that's the case, I believe it comes in different shades if I'm not mistaken.

      Delete
  3. Love reds...and they look good on you. Is the Stila stain drying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I get very chapped lips, but I don't find it drying at all!

      Delete
  4. too many pretty shades, I want them all hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right? The struggle is real; It was hard enough to narrow it down to these ones!

      Delete
  5. Cruella looks so different on me! You rock red so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this red lip on you as well as your hair !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm loving the pink myself, too!

      Delete
  7. So many good picks here, I love Cruella (I seem to have 3 minis of it hanging around)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had two minis for a while from the Sephora birthday gift a few years ago. My friend didn't want hers, if you can believe it!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.