L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation Review

12:28:00
Ask any beauty guru and they'll all tell you that the drugstore makeup companies are all killin' it lately! This is particularly good news for me, as I'm currently planning for my wedding and need to pinch pennies where possible.
I recently ran out of foundation and rather than drop another $40-$50 for a bottle at Sephora, I hit up my local Shopper's Drug Mart to see the latest from L'Oreal.

L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation - $17.99 CAD
I've constantly heard rave reviews about the Infallible Pro-Matte and Pro-Glow formulas. Though neither of them were really speaking to me in terms of finish or coverage (I don't like matte foundations, and I found Pro-Glow a touch too luminous for my liking).

This Total Cover formula recently came out within the past month, and I knew right away this would be up my alley. It promises full coverage, with an 'air-light' texture, all while giving a natural finish. This seemed like a perfect happy medium for me and my foundation preferences!

You can supposedly wear this all over; "Face, neck, arms & legs to cover imperfections and even skintone" reads the description on the back of the tube.
It also states it can be worn for up to 24 hours. Now, I'm not sure who really wants to wear makeup for 24 hours straight, but I do like the promise of long-wear. I wore it for about 12 hours (Through a full day of


I purchased shade 301-Classic Ivory, which happens to be the lightest of the 12 options. I think it's a touch too light for me, but anything else was too dark or the wrong undertone. I figured I could warm it up with bronzer if necessary.
Upon first squeeze, it appears very thick. Though once spread out, it glides easily and gives a ton of coverage. It doesn't feel heavy, it has an almost whipped, airy texture to it.

Joe Fresh Deluxe Foundation Sponge - $5.00 CAD for 2 pack

I slicked on some primer beforehand, and applied it first with my fingers, which worked quite well. I buffed it out with my dampened blending sponge after just to even things out, and get any spots I may have missed. For half of my face I used about a pea-sized amount.

Side by side comparison (Left- without, right- with foundation). You can see it does a good job of concealing redness. Not so much for my dark circles...

Full face complete! I can see it sticks to the dry patches I had, but in terms of coverage I'm quite satisfied!

It did look a bit cakey at first. This was easily fixed by a few spritzes of setting spray.

What's on my face:
- L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation in '301-Classic Ivory'
- Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'Light 2 - Vanilla'
- Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel in '03-Medium'
- Essence Eyebrow Designer Pencil in 'Brown 02'
- TooFaced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette (I used shades White Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Milk Chocolate & Marzipan)
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara in Brown
- Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer in 'Light'
- Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Blush in 'Plum Rose'
- Marc Jacobs Lip Gel in 'Have We Met?'
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist

The photos below were taken at the end of the day, right before washing my face. (Please forgive the gross lighting that my bathroom has to offer).

I can honestly say this is a foundation I like! The amount of coverage it provides for a drug-store product is astounding, and I really love how lightweight it feels on my skin. It feels like I'm wearing nothing at all! (Shoutout to any fellow Simpsons addicts out there)
Even though this is a full-coverage foundation, it still looked (and felt) like my skin. I think it held up to it's long-wear promises!



Though I think my biggest takeaway for making this really work for me, is to try a different primer. I did notice it clung to the dry areas on my chin, and separated a little bit on my nose where I'm oily.
I've been considering getting the Too Faced Hangover primer, so maybe this is a sign that I should take the plunge (Unless of course you have recommendations for me!).

Have you had a chance to test this product out for yourself? Have you tried any other drug store foundations lately? Tell me in the comment section!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favourite foundations for sure, nothing else seems to work half as well with my pale complexion like this beauty does! It can be so hard to find a foundation that works well with your skin-tone so thank goodness for this range :) You're looking stunning girl, it suits you so beautifully <3

    Not gonna lie, I was totally mesmerised by your pink paradisal hair all the way through reading this. I'm still crushing so hard, talk about complete and utter #hairgoals. Utterly gorge girlie! I've been wanting to dye my hair pink all over for years now and if anyone can convince me to get the hell on and just go for it then it's your dreamy self for sure! <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #palegirlproblems, am I right?! Hahah!
      I'm glad to hear you love this as much as I do! I anticipate we'll hear more beauty mavens singing its praises over the next few weeks, too!

      Also, you are SO sweet!!! Definitely take the plunge and go all out pink! You can totally pull it off!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.