Fabulous Finds at the 2017 Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

The 2017 Ottawa Vintage Clothing Show was this past Sunday, and it was bigger and better than ever. Organizers heard the plea of many cramped shoppers, so the venue was moved to the Carleton University Fieldhouse (which you may recall is where the Ottawa Antique & Vintage Market is held. Keep reading for more details on that). 

A new venue meant much, much more to see!
I'm always blown away by the amazing pieces that travel to our city. Fashion I've always dreamt of was right in front of my face, practically screaming at me, "Take me home!!". It was very hard to resist it all, especially because I was trying to curb my spending a bit more than usual (Tight budget due to my upcoming wedding in June. WHICH IS VERY EXCITING!).




 I'll be sharing my finds and how I style them later this week. I found some pretty fun pieces so I'm excited to share those with you!
That said, I made sure to take lots of photos because I know how much you all loved seeing them last year! Plus it's been a while since I did a photo journal.

So in case you missed the big show, or simply just want to relive the show and relish in the nostalgia, here's some of the wonderful things I that caught my eye!

I'm a sucker for mod styling, so this babe at the Bellwether's Vintage booth caught my eye. Might need to recreate that eye look.






All glory to the hypno-toad...


Vintage Valentino at it's very best. 


The story of my life.


So wonderfully '80s




If I hadn't already found my wedding dress, this would definitely be a front-runner.

Does this go with my hair?



I'd love to go bowling with Barbi.



Eat your heart out, Jackie Burkhart!


I'm a sucker for pale pink, if that wasn't obvious by now. I love that such a demure cut is transformed into something risqué just by how sheer it is!


The 90s are back, everybody! I've found proof.



Vanier Moderns knows how to pick 'em!


In the words of Milhouse, "Wow! A Bob Mackie!"




Can't forget about the guys! Lots of fantastic menswear to be found.





This was a ring box from the 40s, lined with the most gorgeous blue velvet. This is a great place to shop for anyone planning their nuptials.

Did you attend this year's Vintage Clothing Show? What pieces did you bring home? Tell me in the comments below!

In case you missed out on the fun, you're in luck!
The Ottawa Antique & Vintage Market is this weekend; April 1st from 10am-5pm, and April 2nd from 10am-4pm. It's also being held at the Carleton University Fieldhouse, and admission is only $10!
The great news is, I have 2 pairs of tickets to give away for this weekend's event! That means two lucky winners will be able to take their  Keep an eye on my Instagram page for all the details!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a ton of fun and I've seen so many things in this post that I want for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great event!!! I would have snagged that book!!! looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun and so many great finds!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.