'Holo' If Ya Hear Me; Milk Makeup Holographic Stick Review

13:53:00
There was a resounding “FINALLY!” heard across the country when Milk Makeup announced they would be available in Sephora Canada starting March 1st

I may have been the one to shout it the loudest...

I have been wanting to try Milk products for a little over a year now. Their innovative formulas, inclusive marketing strategy and overall 'cool' attitude won me over pretty quickly. Believe me when I say I wanted to load my online cart with every single product they had, but my monthly budget was glaring at me pretty intensely. I pulled the reigns and decided on the one product I've been lusting over for months now; the Holographic Stick.

Milk Makeup Holographic Stick in 'Supernova' - $34 CAD

While my highlighter arsenal was already fully loaded, nothing I owned gave me the wet, glossy, editorial glow. With the trendy 'holo-sexual' craze still holding strong, this highlight stick was like an iridescent beacon of hope. I've also never tried a cream formula highlighter before, but the mango butter and avocado oil base seemed promising.

The product description states it is a 'hyper-lavender' shade, which I find to be accurate, but I didn't get that multi-faceted 'holographic' feel from it. That said, it still looks great on my pale complexion because of its cool-tones. It's not glittery, but has a shimmery and glossy look to it.


It feels buttery smooth to the touch, but not greasy or sticky. It gives my skin a very dewy and shimmery finish. I find the formula works best for me when I use my fingers to tap it on. If I apply it straight from the stick, I find it picks up my foundation and dispenses too much product. A little goes a looong way!!


While the pigment from this cream formula is quite bold on its own, I really like how my powder highlighters layer over it. Especially my Jeffree Star Skin Frost in 'Lavender Snow', as it has the same tones.
Mind you, this look is certainly not for the faint of heart as it will have you looking like a glam cyborg mermaid.

My only major upset with this is that it's not very long lasting. I find after about an hour of wear, the glow becomes much more subdued and sheer. For this reason, I'll likely reserve it for photo-shoot days as it certainly pops on camera!

I'm wearing...
Face
   
-L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation in '301 Classic Ivory'
-Physician's Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
-Milk Makeup Holographic Stick
-Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Bold Blush in 'Outspoken'
-Benefit Gimme Brow in '3'

Eyes
   
-Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture - World Traveler Eyeshadow Palette
-NYX Prismatic Shadow in 'Mermaid'
-Annabelle Outlash Mascara

Lips
 -
Lime Crime Velvetine Lipstick in 'Mercury'
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Requiem' (in centre of lips)

Clothes
- H&M Sweater


Would you try the Holographic Stick? Have you tried any other products from Milk Makeup? I've been debating trying the Sunshine Oil & Blur Stick, let me know what I should try next!

13 comments:

  1. I love it on you x
    and with ur hair
    EXTRA GOOD XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I've heard of this product but haven't tried it myself! But if it becomes subtle after an hour...hmmm not sure about that!..

    I got my hands on the ABH X Nicole Guerriero highlighter palette and I'm obsessed...!!! You should check it out if you like highlight!

    www.elleisforlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reeeeeeeeally want the ABH x Nicole palette, but the budget is a little too tight this month! :'(

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh.. that glow tho.. okay... I need this.. like now! Looking good sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That highlighter looks stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do I need another highlighter ....yep I do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too many! Variety is the spice of life, at least that's how I justify things haha!

      Delete
  6. It's such a great pop, maybe set with a powder highlight it could be great for all day. Really excited to try some Milk makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I've been playing around with it more and powder definitely helps.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.