Style Inspo at MosaïCanada 150 - How to Turn a Colour Palette into an Outfit

When I was planning my visit to MosaïCanada 150, a horticulture display in Gatineau's Jacques-Cartier Park, I immediately pulled this green circle skirt from my closet. The colour and texture was very reminiscent of grass and shrubberies.

Sunglasses - Aldo, Shirt - Brandy Melville, Skirt - Winners, Bag - Sears, Shoes- Walmart
Lipstick - Bite Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in 'Flambe'

Putting on this outfit just felt like the perfect nod to the event. It's not my intent to be too costume-y in my dressing; I don't want people to see me and think "Oh, she must be going to that event". I simply like to incorporate different elements of inspiration to make a look more visually interesting (also it's FUN).



My point is, you can find inspiration all around you!  And in my case, it's hard not to feel inspired when you're surrounded by such gorgeous displays of art!

An easy way to turn that inspiration into an outfit is to narrow down the colour palette. Looking at these sculptures, there are obviously shades of green, but also yellow, lavender, red, orange and blue. Keeping these tones in mind, you can easily mix pieces to create a cohesive and creative style! You can even incorporate different textures to give more visual interest.










Taking this inventive approach to personal style will not only help you shop for new pieces, but also to pair things you already own in a way you've never tried before! But why not look to your favourite song, a local spot in your town, or even what's on your plate as a way to decide what to wear.


Have you checked out MosaïCanada 150? It's a free event open from 10am-7pm daily, and it runs until October 15, 2017. It's definitely Instagram-worthy, for you shutterbugs out there! 
More details about the event can be found at www.mosaicanada.ca

4 comments:

  1. Your outfit is super adorable! I love how you coordinate with the foliage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! I thought it was a nice way to compliment the displays!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.