Thirft-It Thursday: Playful Pastels

A couple of you have reached out to me lately to ask me about my thrifting habits! First of all, THANK YOU! I always appreciate reader feedback, and love to give you more of what you want to see!

I decided to bring back Thrift-It Thursday, but in a slightly different way. I'll continue to showcase a second-hand piece I've recently found, but I'll explain why I picked it up, and give you little tidbits to help you on your next thrifting trip!

Blouse & Pin - Thrifted, Belt - Old Navy, Jeans - H&M, Sponge Popsicle - Michaels

I recently picked up this pastel blouse at my favourite Value Village location - I'll never tell which one, though! That's a trade secret!
I often come up with scenarios to wear outfits to, and this just screams 'afternoon date at the sundae shop'.
That, and I like to think it pairs well with my newfound ombre-pastel hair (that bottle of hair dye should be arriving any day now...)



 

On the eyes: TooFaced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette, NYX Vivid Brights Liner in 'Vivid Blossom', Benefit Rollerlash Mascara in 'Black'.

On the face: Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation, Milk Makeup Holographic Stick, topped with  Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost Highlight in 'Lavender Snow'

On the lips: NYX Butter Lipstick in 'Little Susie', topped with Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer in 'Flamingo'
The best part is, I found it in a somewhat unexpected location of the store; the men's department!

While I'm not here to make a political statement regarding gender roles (though I am a proud feminist who supports tearing down the patriarchy), I'm rather encouraging you all to branch out and explore the entire store. I've not only made discoveries in men's wear, but also the children's and plus-size sections too!


Even though this is technically a women's blouse, based on the button placement, it was simply misplaced within the racks of men's button-downs. I can see the understanding why though; it does have a very boxy 'masculine' shape to it. 
The bottom line is, if I hadn't wandered off to peruse the alongside the boys, I would've missed this completely! 

On a similar note, things can be sized improperly as well. Though I will expand on this on another post, so stay tuned!

I hope you enoyed this post! Happy thrifting!

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes men's clothing is really cute so I don't blame you! I love the colours and I think your hair looks really nice in the pics! I have my own favourite Value Village location too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! It's the OG 'boyfriend' jean section, afterall!
      Thanks Amy!

      Delete
  2. I love thrift shopping-great finds at a great price. Great outfit for you, you look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great way to shop on a budget! Thanks!!

      Delete
  3. That shirt is SUPER cute. Gimme that popsicle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom! I wish it were real; I'd devour it in a heartbeat! Haha :P

      Delete
  4. This crop top is super cute - I always love pastels.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, my vv sucks so much and is pricey. It is kind of crazy. You look great! I love the look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a bummer! I found the VV back home was like that too.
      That's when I started looking into independent vintage stores and consignment shops; I'll have a post talking more about that in the next coming weeks!

      Delete
  6. Looking like the ultimate pastel dream queen babe! That sponge popsicle is so GORGE, and the blouse is so so so cute!!!! Your hair is giving me all the colourful inspo as always, the sweetest :) I always love your thrifted finds, you discover such total treasures as this post proves <3

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love reading your comments because they fill me up with so much love! Thanks a million, Sophie!

      Delete
  7. What an awesome find! I love vintage pastels and so cute with your hair :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.